Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mason's room... DIY style

Have you met Mason?  This is my oldest son at 15.  Probably the most resourceful and responsible teenager you will ever meet.  He's been forced to share a room with his little brother since the day Garrick was born (that's 10 long years for Mason).   When it came time to move Mason claimed the big room and refused to "share"...despite the need while we work to finish the 4th bedroom for Abi (you can meet her later on if you haven't already) .
Regardless.... I felt that Mason does so much for the family he certainly earned the right to have his own room "little brother free" and I vowed to make his new room truly his own!  Something he's really never had.  :(
Mason's Room before

My new fascination with Pinterest opened up doors to many cost saving ideas for creating Mason's room and lucky for me...this is a kid who respects the value of a dollar and was more than on board with many of my ideas! YAHOOOO
Read on to find some of the innovative ways we created shelving and a headboard out of things we found laying around our new house....

No comments:

Post a Comment